Sometimes I buy proteins to keep on hand in the fridge, only to promptly forget about them. I HAVE SHRIMPS?! I also have a habit of not knowing what I plan on cooking for the blog until the night before, or morning of. I'm really good at that. By which I mean I'm terrible.
After the realization last night that we had SHRIMPS, I decided to make tacos. Even though I'm having pork tacos with my sister in two days. Can't have too many, right?
I would put this on a list of stuff to make prior to a game of sports television program. You can easily prep everything before the first pitch, and cook and assemble during half-time.
Superb Owl Shrimp Tacos
- Enough raw shrimp. I did 4 per taco. I also got the deveined/peeled kind BC I AINT GOT TIME.
- An avocado, or a 8-10oz thing of plain Guac because all the avocados were unripe and you didn't plan ahead to ripen them yourself. SOME OF US DON'T LIVE IN CALIFORNIA, GRANDMA.
- 1 Cup of Sour Cream. REAL FAT NOT THAT LOW/NONFAT BS.
- A Lime
- Large Lettuce leaves or Corn Tortillas
- Green Chile Peppers, or Jarred Jalapenos or whatever suits your fancy
- Olive Oil
- 1 ts Garlic Powder
- 1 Tb Cumin
- 1/2 ts Cayenne
- Salt and Pepper
- Cholula Hot Sauce (I prefer the Chipotle kind)
- Cotija or Queso Fresco (neither of which I could find because I plan poorly)
- Make a marinade of olive oil, cumin, cayenne, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and the juice from half a lime or so. Give a few good turns of salt and pepper, and a couple dashes of the Cholula. Mix in your shrimpies that are cleaned and peeled, and refrigerate whilst you prep the rest of the meal, or for as long as the first half of the game takes.
- Using a Blender type tool, blend the sour cream, guac/avocado, juice of half a lime and a good handful of cilantro. Season with salt as needed.
- Shred the cabbage, chop some onions for garnish, ready your chiles.
- When you're ready to eat, start warming your tortillas as instructed, or prep your lettuce alternatives. Throw the shrimp onto a pan on Medium High heat, cooking for 2-3 minutes on each side until it's opaque and pink.
- Serve with the Avocado sauce, cabbage, chiles, cheese, more hot sauce ETC.
- Make a huge mess.
- GO TEAM THAT'S APPROPRIATE FOR THE SEASON!